Cause I's wicked,-I is, I's mighty wicked, anyhow, I can't help it,

Harriet Breecher Stowe-

Uncle Tom's Cabin


Thursday, October 4, 2007

Bionic woman

The evil one survived her surgery. We, my husband and I, have not been to see her. She's fine. A hysterectomy, two knee replacements and two lens replacements just since May of this year and she can't catch one bout of Staph Aureus? Diabetes, high blood pressure, chronic lymphocytic leukemia (sounds much worse than it is), congestive heart failure at times and, I believe, a few psychotic episodes and she goes on and on and on. Like the ever-fucking-ready bunny. At 65 Dan said "She won't last another five years". Crap, she will outlive me!

She once told one of her grandchildren that she was not going to die. She laughed and said something about sitting up in her casket at the wake and smiling, yes, and saying "what's goin on here". Oh we worry that she could do just that, embalmed and all. So, we have discussed just who gets to bring the shotgun to the funeral. Since it was my idea I think I should have the honor.

Will continue later, I would like to tell Orlan's story, God rest his soul. He paid a high price for her.

No comments: